How to contact the CSA Inquiry

The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) has today published guidance on how to share your experience.

They wish to hear from:

Anyone who was sexually abused as a child in an institutional setting like a care home, a school, a hospital or a religious, voluntary or state organisation, or who first came into contact with their abuser in an institutional setting.

Anyone who was sexually abused as a child and reported their sexual abuse to a person in authority like a police officer, a social worker or a teacher where the report was either ignored or not properly acted on.

They state:

We are obliged to pass on all allegations of child abuse to the police. However, we will not provide your name or contact details to the police without your consent, except where it is necessary to protect a child at risk of continuing abuse.

The first step is to complete and submit a form online which asks for basic information.  You do not have to answer every question.  The form can be found here:

Submit information online

You do not have to provide the Inquiry with any contact details unless you choose to do so.

If you do choose to share your contact details, you will be invited to either:

  • Meet and speak with an Inquiry member in private.  You don’t have to go alone and a trained professional will be available to provide support if you wish.  Your meeting will be recorded (audio) and a written summary will be produced which you can check and edit.  The information will be held securely.


  • If you do not wish to meet an Inquiry member, you may submit a detailed written account of your experiences.

The evidence you give, in writing or in person, will contribute to the final reports that the Inquiry will publish.  Your name will not be published unless you have given your permission.

IICSA Truth Project.  Sharing your experience: what to expect

IICSA: How we work

IICSA homepage


Filed under Abuse, News

2 responses to “How to contact the CSA Inquiry