That extract relates a police interview with Philip Taylor following his arrest after Operation Red Tag and its Australian precursor, Operation Deny. The investigation began due to an investigation by an Australian journalist. In the interview with Philip Taylor you get his perspective – his obsession with collecting child sexual abuse images, how he contacted a few other paedophiles through adverts in homosexual magazines, and how it led him to abuse so that he had ‘homemade’ images that he could swap with those contacts.
In this post, we pull back so that we can see the bigger picture and we see that Philip Taylor (circled in red) was just a small cog in a much larger international paedophile ring, abusing and sharing images.
One point I think it is important to make is that this ring was active in the late 1980s /early 1990s before the internet age and as you’ll have seen in the previous post, it wasn’t as easy as it is today to make contact with fellow paedophiles and swap videos and images. The mind map below, which is almost certainly incomplete, illustrates how the Operation Red Tag and Operation Deny paedophile ring interacted but, because it is so much easier through the internet to contact and swap images and videos, a similar representation of an paedophile ring active today would likely be far too complex to illustrate in this two dimensional way.
Click on image to enlarge
We’ll update this as we find new information. If you have information on any of the names below please post in comments.
1) Philip Taylor, UK: The abuser featured along with the 7 year old boy ‘Michael’ in the ‘snowman’ tape. The subject of the police interview in the previous story. Previous conviction for child abuse. Arrested and found guilty.
2) Christopher Harry Ashby, UK: A primary school teacher from Kent. His home was also raided and a large quantity of video tapes and photos mainly involving teens and children as young as 7/8 years old were found. 59 letters were also found, naming victims, how they met the victims and about the sexual acts performed on them. He was arrested and found guilty.
3) Clive Thomson aka Baxter aka Barton, UK: Primary school teacher. Considered to be one of the ring leaders of the paedophile ring. His home was raided. More on Clive ‘Barton’ HERE
4) Martin Andrew Hayward, UK: His home was searched and negatives for 258 photos depicting torture and bondage scenes of young children were found. He was arrested and charged.
5) Ian Hannibal, UK:
6) Finn Thompson, Denmark:
7) David Mason, UK: Following his conviction went on to foster children “Kent county council allowed a single man in his 50s to privately foster a 14-year-old girl without carrying out the checks that would have revealed him to be a dangerous convicted paedophile.” Observer 2011
8) Mark Mathews, UK:
9) Graham Wake, UK:
10) Fred Harbour, USA:
11) Ronald Boxer, UK
12) Stewart Williams, UK:
13) Robert Kingsley Hawkes, AUS:
14) Geoffrey Paul Barton, AUS:
15) Brian Bertram Morris Perkins, AUS:
16) Kenneth Williams Glencross, AUS:
17) Garry Craig aka Burnett, AUS:
18) Paul Whiteley, AUS:
19) Marcus Lynton, AUS:
20) Harry Bosse, AUS:
21) Don Edwards, UK: