Monthly Archives: October 2013

22 Years For Michael Souter

Readers will recall that this is the man that claimed that he was the victim of an huge conspiracy.

Still, the sentence  of 22 years speaks for itself.

No Judge Mental here!

download

 

A former BBC radio presenter has been jailed for 22 years for sex attacks on boys.

Michael Souter, 60, of Loddon, Norfolk, was convicted earlier this month of 19 sexual assaults on seven boys aged between 11 and 16.

Norwich Crown Court heard the offences took place between 1979 and 1999.

Souter, who worked for BBC Radio Norfolk in the 1980s, was a Venture Scouts leader, a mentor to young people and was allowed to adopt a child.

The court heard Souter, who also worked for Radio Clyde, used his local celebrity status to abuse his victims.

BBC News

Advertisements

9 Comments

Filed under Abuse, News

Trashed Posts And Mistaken Tweets.

gojam

A couple of days ago I trashed a number of posts on The Needle.

Unfortunately, I did not inform other members of The Needle team that I did that and as they were unable to contact me they mistakenly assumed that The Needle had been hacked and reposted them.

This meant that automatic tweets went out meaning that to my embarrassment articles that I no longer wished to have on The Needle were actually promoted on Twitter.

The articles have been trashed once again and the tweets deleted.

I apologise for any confusion that this has caused.

The reasons why these articles were trashed will become clearer in due course.

Comments Off on Trashed Posts And Mistaken Tweets.

Filed under Personal

Derek Osbourne jailed for two years

A former Liberal Democrat council leader who admitted “appalling” child pornography offences was jailed for two years today.
derek osbourne
Derek Osbourne, 59, who stepped down as leader of Kingston upon Thames, south west London, in June, was told that the public interest “cries out for custody”.

He was also told he must register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.

Judge Alistair McCreath, sitting at Southwark Crown Court, told him: “This imagery is of real children, suffering real abuse.

“Of course you did not perpetrate that abuse directly yourself, but you and others like you are complicit it, because without people to look at it, there would be no point in doing it.”

Osbourne was first elected as a councillor in 1986 before becoming leader between 1997 and 1998, and again in 2003.

He was parliamentary candidate for Kingston upon Thames in 1992, fighting the then chancellor Norman Lamont.

Osbourne, of Burlington Road, New Malden, pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to seven counts of making indecent images of children, four counts of possession of indecent images of children and six counts of distributing indecent images of children.

The judge said he recognised in Osbourne’s favour that he had reached the age of nearly 60 without being convicted of any offence.

It also stood in his favour that he had for many years given service in public life.

“But on the other hand, those who by choice occupy a position of authority in public life, owe a duty to the public to behave to the highest of standards.”

He also gave him credit for his early plea of guilty, giving him a discount of a third.

The judge said he had to deal with him for downloading 2,844 still images, and 293 movies, of children.

“All these children were subjected to abuse of one kind or another, some of it truly appalling. It’s stomach turning.”

Some of the children were as young as three, he added.

Mirror 29/10/13

 

23 Comments

Filed under Uncategorized

Two men arrested in Operation Yewtree inquiry

Two men have been arrested in Operation Yewtree, Scotland Yard’s investigation into historical cases of sexual abuse.

The Metropolitan Police said the men, aged 64 and 74, were held at separate addresses in south London on Tuesday.

They were arrested on suspicion of sexual offences and taken into police custody, the Met said.

Operation Yewtree was set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal. The men were held under the strand of the inquiry police have termed “others”.

BBC News

13 Comments

Filed under Abuse, News, Yewtree

Ex-BBC driver David Smith found dead

David Smith

A former BBC driver accused of sex offences has been found dead.

David Smith, 66, from Lewisham, south-east London, had been due to stand trial for allegedly abusing a 12-year-old boy in 1984.

A warrant had been issued for his arrest after he failed to appear at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

He was charged with two counts of indecent assault, two of indecency and one of a serious sexual offence as part of Operation Yewtree.

Smith was the first person to be charged under the investigation set up to look at abuse claims against the late entertainer, Jimmy Savile.

It was alleged Smith met his victim at a swimming pool, invited him back to his flat where he sexually abused him.

BBC News

11 Comments

Filed under Abuse, News, Yewtree

Lou

Comments Off on Lou

Filed under Personal

Apeman

Friday Night Song

6 Comments

Filed under FNS, Personal